bugAVR C Runtime Library - Bugs: bug #42024, build break regarding avrtiny10


bug #42024: build break regarding avrtiny10

Submitted by:  None
Submitted on:  Tue 01 Apr 2014 08:47:49 PM UTC  
Category:  Library Severity:  3 - Normal
Priority:  5 - Normal Item Group:  None
Status:  Fixed Percent Complete:  0%
Assigned to:  Pitchumani <pitchumani> Originator Email:  -email is unavailable-
Open/Closed:  Open Release:  Unknown
Fixed Release:  None

Add a New Comment(Rich Markup)

You are not logged in

Please log in, so followups can be emailed to you.


Mon 28 Apr 2014 02:06:04 PM UTC, comment #1:

committed the changes.

Pitchumani <pitchumani>
Project MemberIn charge of this item.
Tue 01 Apr 2014 08:47:49 PM UTC, original submission:

I just pulled the avr-libc trunk and got this compilation error:

avr-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../.. -I../../../common -I../../../include -I../../../include -I../../../common -I../../../include -I../../../include -x assembler-with-cpp -mmcu=avrtiny10 -D__COMPILING_AVR_LIBC__ -MT utoa_ncheck.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/utoa_ncheck.Tpo -c -o utoa_ncheck.o ../../../libc/misc/utoa_ncheck.S
../../../libc/misc/utoa_ncheck.S: Assembler messages:
../../../libc/misc/utoa_ncheck.S:80: Error: illegal opcode sbiw for mcu avrtiny10
make[5]: *** [utoa_ncheck.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/baxelrod/lca/avr-libc/trunk/avr/lib/avrtiny10'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/baxelrod/lca/avr-libc/trunk/avr/lib/avrtiny10'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/baxelrod/lca/avr-libc/trunk/avr/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/baxelrod/lca/avr-libc/trunk/avr'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/baxelrod/lca/avr-libc/trunk'
make: *** [all] Error 2

System configured like so:
./configure --build=`./config.guess` --host=avr make On Ubuntu 12.04 with avr-gcc (GCC) 4.5.3.

After poking around the email archive, it looks like there have been other issues like this and the result was to not compile those libraries with protection like so:
#if !defined(_AVR_TINY_)

I looked into utoa_ncheck.S and found that it had this:
#if !defined(__AVR_TINY).
Is it possible that the protection variable changed names at some point? I found several other files that had this (presumably) improper protection variable:


I fixed them and provided it in the attached patch.

NOTE: patch is untested other than compiling entire library. I don't have a avrtiny to test with.



(Note: upload size limit is set to 16384 kB, after insertion of the required escape characters.)

Attach Files:

Attached Files
file #31097:  tinypatch.diff added by None (2KiB - application/octet-stream)


Depends on the following items: None found

Items that depend on this one: None found


Carbon-Copy List
  • -email is unavailable- added by pitchumani (Updated the item)
  • -email is unavailable- added by None (Submitted the item)



    Follow 4 latest changes.

    Date Changed by Updated Field Previous Value => Replaced by
    2014-04-28 pitchumani StatusConfirmed => Fixed
    2014-04-28 pitchumani StatusNone => Confirmed
        Assigned toNone => pitchumani
    2014-04-01 None Attached File- => Added tinypatch.diff, #31097

    Back to the top

    Powered by Savane 3.4