newsMail2forum - News: Back 2 development and Naming Modification

Latest News
Back 2 development and Naming Modification posted by digitalgraal, Tue 26 Aug 2003 01:55:10 PM UTC

Back 2 development and Naming Modification

Item posted by Dale Graal <digitalgraal> on Tue 26 Aug 2003 01:55:10 PM UTC.

after a couple of months away of any development, i am finally getting back to track.
I am the original author of the m2f code that has been released in http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/m2f and that has been continued by another development group (m2t.netclectic.com).

During my absence i have had time to think about the development roadmap that i wanted to the project, and so i have decided that to change its name to CM2F Comunity Manager (Community Manager to Forum). With this naming convention change, no confusion will be made with the other development group that is doing a good job.

This was it is describing better the future development path of the module, it will always consist in 2 versions, one standalone and one integrated with the PostNuke and PNPhpBB2. This will allow the integration of 3 worlds that can greatly improve community management.

I will be having a demo working for debugging at the following site
http:// www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org by tomorrow. and i hope to release my version by mid september.

The functionalites are basically the following ones:
- Mailing list integration in phpbb2
- Interactively (meaning that for each thread you decide the destination forum.
- Automatically, by default a mailing list is defined to be integrated in a forum.
- phpbb2 to mailing list integration
- this means that the threads posted into a forum can be sent to the mailing list, or to the people which as subscribed to the particular forum.
- Mail colllection through Sendmail, Mbox, Pop,IMAP, Mailing list Archives files
- Meaning that you will be able configure the system to receive
instantly the mailing lists or it is possible to get the messages, or to import all the messages archived.

- Language options and translation

- Control panel menu to configure all the options and to control the functionalities of the site.

-In the version integrated with postnuke, i am currently working on a new news system that will have the articles as the first message in the a phpbb thread.

The demo site will be in Spanish but if some one have some mailing lists content in other languages that could be used as demonstration i would be very glad to integrate their archives and mailing lists in my system.

Back to the top