newspdrx - News: new g++ and boost versions

Latest News
Web site moved posted by muellerto, Tue 13 Aug 2013 05:13:51 AM UTC
Again developer news posted by muellerto, Thu 13 Jun 2013 05:38:05 AM UTC
Developer news posted by muellerto, Tue 26 Feb 2013 08:13:15 AM UTC
Developer news: POCO 1.5.0 posted by muellerto, Fri 23 Nov 2012 10:05:03 AM UTC
release 1.8.0 posted by muellerto, Mon 15 Oct 2012 03:22:17 PM UTC

new g++ and boost versions

Item posted by Torsten Mueller <muellerto> on Sun 11 Dec 2011 10:54:57 AM UTC.

In the last days I got several compiler and library updates on my Arch Linux. Unfortunately I also updated Poco manually in this time. So I use now gcc 4.6.2, boost 1.48 and Poco 1.4.2p1. The reason why I mention this is that something is wrong. I could neither compile nor run configure without errors.

gcc seems to handle libraries in a different way than until now. In earlier versions you could have implicite libs, i.g. libs used by other libs didn't have to be mentioned for the linker. Now all used libs have to be explicite.

Another mysterious thing is that boost seems to need the pthread lib, regardless of the use of pthreads. This means we need also to link the pthread lib for exactly one function that is called by boost even though we don't have a multi threaded application at all. - I'm sure this is an error, I'm not sure if it's reason is in the boost sources or in the Arch package of boost.

So I had to extend the configure script according to this. Please run autoconf again to get a clean configure script and then run ./configure to setup your build process.

Back to the top