newsReTux - News: Level Making Contest Last Chance

Latest News
ReTux is back and has moved. posted by onpon4, Wed 16 Sep 2020 02:59:20 PM UTC
ReTux has been orphaned posted by onpon4, Sat 03 Aug 2019 09:18:23 PM UTC
ReTux 1.3.5 Released posted by onpon4, Thu 31 Aug 2017 03:31:10 AM UTC
ReTux Is Now Free as in Beer posted by onpon4, Mon 03 Apr 2017 03:52:21 AM UTC
ReTux 1.3.4 Released posted by onpon4, Wed 01 Feb 2017 10:42:58 PM UTC

Level Making Contest Last Chance

Item posted by Layla Marchant <onpon4> on Tue 05 Jul 2016 12:17:12 PM UTC.

It seems the deadline extension was not enough. There is still only one entry, the one by MECHDRAGON777. And that one entry is not even any good (my rating is 2/100).

I'm not going to extend the deadline again. It's clear that this isn't going to do any good, and I don't want to wait any longer than necessary to get the 1.0 of ReTux released and make the CDs available. However, I'm willing to give potential entrants to the contest one last chance: while the contest was in session, I ended up starting a translation of ReTux into Japanese. Part of this can be seen in the 0.7 release. Since a Japanese translation is something I can finish (though likely with some broken Japanese), I have decided that I will finish it, and until I do so, I will continue to accept submissions to the level making contest. Specifically, I will continue to accept submissions until the morning after I finish the Japanese translation (probably around 12:00 PM UTC; it depends on when I wake up that morning).

I hope, against all odds, that some people choose to submit a level by then. If not, then MECHDRAGON777 will win by default (assuming she puts her level under a libre license), meaning she will get the $50 prize. That's a total waste from my perspective, but a winner is a winner, default or not.

Back to the top