newsReTux - News: ReTux 1.0 Released!

Latest News
ReTux is back and has moved. posted by onpon4, Wed 16 Sep 2020 02:59:20 PM UTC
ReTux has been orphaned posted by onpon4, Sat 03 Aug 2019 09:18:23 PM UTC
ReTux 1.3.5 Released posted by onpon4, Thu 31 Aug 2017 03:31:10 AM UTC
ReTux Is Now Free as in Beer posted by onpon4, Mon 03 Apr 2017 03:52:21 AM UTC
ReTux 1.3.4 Released posted by onpon4, Wed 01 Feb 2017 10:42:58 PM UTC

ReTux 1.0 Released!

Item posted by Layla Marchant <onpon4> on Sat 16 Jul 2016 02:33:13 PM UTC.

This is it: version 1.0 of ReTux has finally been released. As before, you can find it on the downloads page, which now also links to the itch.io page that has been up for some time now:

http://retux.nongnu.org/download.html

Additionally, the website now has a new page listing user-made levels. To start off, the two entries to the level making contest which did not make it into ReTux have been available there:

http://retux.nongnu.org/levels.html

Changes to ReTux since version 0.7 include:

• Added a Japanese translation. This translation uses Latin characters for the most part since ReTux's font can't handle actual Japanese text, unfortunately.

• Replaced the SuperTux icon with a custom icon to more thoroughly distinguish ReTux from SuperTux. (This new icon was already used on the website some time ago.) I decided to make it purple, because I like purple. :) It is also a vector-based icon rather than a raster-based icon.

• Fixed a bug in the "localize.py" script which prevented it from working. Also improved it slightly.

• Added a "globalize.py" script, which does the opposite of localize.py. (The level editing guide now includes a reference to this new script.)

• Added a bonus level by EricxDu, who won the level making contest with this level.

• Made some tweaks to the levelset selection menu to make it better: the current levelset now always appears first in the list, followed (if applicable) by the ReTux levelset.

• Made some tweaks to the credits.

• Changed the way "portraits" for text boxes work. They are now much more dynamic, so custom levels can include their own special portraits if they want, and portraits for all enemies are now included.

So that's it: ReTux is done. It's been quite a ride, and I've learned a lot of things. Thank you to everyone who supported this project. I hope the end result was worth it. :)

Back to the top