newsAdvanced Gtk+ Sequencer - News: GSequencer v2.0.0 beta - scheduled pre-release in 2 weeks

Latest News
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer version 6.8.x posted by jkraehemann, Wed 17 Apr 2024 01:40:23 PM UTC
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer version 6.5.x posted by jkraehemann, Sun 11 Feb 2024 05:06:15 PM UTC
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer version 6.3.5 posted by jkraehemann, Fri 19 Jan 2024 11:53:24 AM UTC
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer v6.1.0 released posted by jkraehemann, Thu 28 Sep 2023 04:55:19 AM UTC
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer v6.0.0 released posted by jkraehemann, Mon 21 Aug 2023 11:48:52 AM UTC

GSequencer v2.0.0 beta - scheduled pre-release in 2 weeks

Item posted by Joël Krähemann <jkraehemann> on Mon 13 Aug 2018 08:23:56 PM UTC.

I give my best to do the pre-release GSequencer-2.0.0-beta, during August 2018. I think remaining compiler errors are fixed within 2 days. So there are some days left to complete, debug and do some basic testing.

Following are the main goals of the 2.x releases.

The new machines

There are going to be some new machines like:

• AgsEqualizer10 - a 10 band equalizer
  • AgsSpectrometer - a spectrum graph plotter
  • AgsAudiorec - capture audio data from input soundcard
  • AgsDesk - a mixing desk to do playback of large audio files

There is some capacity to add even more machines but later on this.

Audio data editor

I really want an audio data editor, that allows you to edit audio data using waveform manipulation. It is called AgsWaveEditor but needs some functions to be coded.

Sheet music editor

It would be nice to be able to print or edit scores. AgsNotationSheet shall do the job. It is uncertain if it goes into the 2.0.0 release, probably some minor release later.

Better MIDI support

A raw MIDI object has been introduced AgsTrack and AgsMidi. The properties AgsAudio:midi-input-file and AgsAudio:midi-output-file are related to disk IO.

Grained properties

The UI gets some additional dialogs or controls to modify the AgsAudio object and related.

Going further

Just had an idea of program interface allowing you modify engine capabilities in real-time. Thought, we had configuration in place once but it was disabled :/

There are many new fields introduced to the structs and my efforts are ambitious ...

Joël

Back to the top