patchAVR C Runtime Library - Patches: patch #7260, Addition to power.h


You are not allowed to post comments on this tracker with your current authentication level.

patch #7260: Addition to power.h

Submitted by:  Frédéric Nadeau <fnadeau>
Submitted on:  Sun 25 Jul 2010 11:07:41 PM UTC  
Category: NonePriority: 7 - High
Status: DonePrivacy: Public
Assigned to: Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch>Open/Closed: Closed

Fri 03 May 2013 03:06:06 PM UTC, comment #2:

Applied in SVN r2386, thanks!

To answer your charset question: so far, avr-libc source files
are restricted to ISO 8859-1, basically since this used to be
a limitation in older versions of Doxygen, so we explicitly
tell Doxygen this being our input charset. We might change
that to UTF-8 some day, but that change has to made to all
files (where it would matter), so I used ISO 8859-1 encoding
for your changes by now.

Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch>
Project AdministratorIn charge of this item.
Thu 12 May 2011 10:07:49 PM UTC, comment #1:

Hi Frédéric,

Sorry to get to this patch so late.

I was wondering if the two functions that are added to the power.h header file should be marked as 'static inline'... I generally don't like adding code (like functions) to a header file unless they behave like macros i.e. static inline.

Would you be willing to try that and test it out?

Eric Weddington <arcanum>
Project Administrator
Sun 25 Jul 2010 11:07:41 PM UTC, original submission:

This patch add clock source prescaling capability to device with register XDIV(ATmega64/103/128).

The main difference between the two is that devices with XDIV have a precalling capability ranging from 2 to 129. clock_div_t has been define properly, but user still have the ability to pass unenumerated value like 65.

I tried to write the function using assembly language, so if an assembly guru could double check, it would be nice.

Tested on a STK-500 with ATmega128.

If anything needs to be done to accelerate acceptance of the patch(code formating, etc.), please let me know.

Patch contains UTF-8 encoded characters, is that OK with avr-libc or should it be another encoding or even plain ASCII?

Frédéric Nadeau <fnadeau>


Attached Files
file #23434:  power.h.patch added by fnadeau (7KiB - text/x-patch - Modified doxygen. Functions are declared as static inline)
file #21066:  power.h.patch added by fnadeau (6KiB - text/x-patch - Proper patch. Initial one was made using "svn diff power.h >> ~/power.h.patch" rather than simply ">". Thus, the latest include only the latest iteration.)
file #21065:  power.h.patch added by fnadeau (24KiB - text/x-patch - Initial version of the patch against power.h revision 2179)


Depends on the following items: None found

Items that depend on this one: None found


Carbon-Copy List
  • -unavailable- added by joerg_wunsch (Posted a comment)
  • -unavailable- added by arcanum (Posted a comment)
  • -unavailable- added by fnadeau (Submitted the item)

    Do you think this task is very important?
    If so, you can click here to add your encouragement to it.
    This task has 0 encouragements so far.

    Only logged-in users can vote.


    Please enter the title of George Orwell's famous dystopian book (it's a date):



    Follow 8 latest changes.

    Date Changed By Updated Field Previous Value => Replaced By
    Fri 03 May 2013 03:06:06 PM UTCjoerg_wunschStatusNeed Info=>Done
      Assigned toNone=>joerg_wunsch
    Sat 21 May 2011 05:09:36 PM UTCfnadeauAttached File-=>Added power.h.patch, #23434
    Thu 12 May 2011 10:07:49 PM UTCarcanumPriority5 - Normal=>7 - High
      StatusNone=>Need Info
    Sun 25 Jul 2010 11:15:04 PM UTCfnadeauAttached File-=>Added power.h.patch, #21066
    Sun 25 Jul 2010 11:07:41 PM UTCfnadeauAttached File-=>Added power.h.patch, #21065

    Back to the top

    Powered by Savane 3.1-cleanup1