newsSimulavr: an AVR simulator - News: Initial port of simulavr to C++ released

Latest News
simulavr release 1.1.0 posted by tomk, Sun 05 Jan 2020 07:00:10 PM UTC
Please do not use the version 1.0.0 anymore! posted by zfrdh, Wed 10 Feb 2016 04:29:36 PM UTC
simulavr release 1.0.0 posted by tomk, Tue 14 Feb 2012 06:31:49 PM UTC
Simulavr - Updates posted by onnokort, Sat 24 Apr 2010 10:22:52 AM UTC
simulavr 0.1.2.2 release. posted by rivetwa, Thu 17 Feb 2005 01:53:11 AM UTC

Initial port of simulavr to C++ released

Item posted by William <rivetwa> on Fri 03 Sep 2004 03:19:35 AM UTC.

A while back (almost a year) I looked at simulavr as well as a few other Free Software options (not many to be sure) and somehow managed to bump into Klkaus Rudolph, who had made many of the same observations as I did about how simulavr seemed to scream for a C++ implementation (or at least OO language).  Klaus was generous enough to email me preliminary copies and eventually TRoth agreed to allow us to share simulavr's savannah pages for this effort rather than fork completely. So far I (rivetwa) have simply been adminstering simulavrxx and tinkering with the build aspects.

For better or worse, simulavrxx-0.8.003.tar.gz is now available on the download page(some bugs have since been fixed in CVS versions). I think Klaus has done a nice job of making a workable port. No, it's not terribly pretty from a C++ design perspective, but as a port, that can't be expected for a few iterations. What has been added is plenty of support for interacting with the simulavrxx with simulated hardware interfaces.

Thanks Klaus!

Back to the top