newsSGE Game Engine - News: Emilio too busy to work on Stellar

Latest News
SGE moved to GitHub, being maintained again; SGE 1.6 released posted by onpon4, Thu 14 May 2020 11:46:31 PM UTC
SGE orphaned posted by onpon4, Sat 03 Aug 2019 09:24:18 PM UTC
SGE 1.5.1 Released posted by onpon4, Wed 19 Jul 2017 08:20:36 PM UTC
SGE 1.5 Released - What A Mess posted by onpon4, Sun 11 Jun 2017 01:43:28 PM UTC
Pygame SGE 1.4.4 Released posted by onpon4, Wed 05 Apr 2017 05:17:49 PM UTC

Emilio too busy to work on Stellar

Item posted by Layla Marchant <onpon4> on Thu 05 Sep 2013 02:57:49 AM UTC.

Emilio, who started Stellar, recently told me in an e-mail that he has been busy lately and won't be able to develop Stellar at this time as a result.

I don't know when or even if Emilio will come back to working on Stellar, but I know that this is normally how projects like this die, so I've been prepared for the worst case scenario for some time. For now, I'm making the SGE into its own project rather than calling it a sub-project of Stellar.

So, the new plan is basically the same as the old plan: I'm going to finish the room editor and release version 1.0 of the SGE. The only difference in the plan is what will happen after that; the SGE will be very usable with just the room editor, so I will develop some games after it is completed (actually being able to use it is my main reason for developing the SGE, after all), but I will now also plan to develop a GUI of some sort. Truth be told, I was thinking of developing an alternative GUI, anyway.

Back to the top