bugBKChem - Bugs: bug #31000, Unicode/UTF-8 problem in OASA


bug #31000: Unicode/UTF-8 problem in OASA

Submitter:  None
Submitted:  Wed 08 Sep 2010 10:12:50 PM UTC
Category:  None Severity:  3 - Normal
Item Group:  None Status:  None
Privacy:  Public Assigned to:  abadar
Open/Closed:  Open
* Mandatory Fields

Add a New Comment Rich Markup

Sun 12 Sep 2010 02:39:44 PM UTC, comment #1: 

Hi! Thank you for the report. This is the right place for this. Could you provide a minimal example which demonstrates the issue? That would help me to decide which is the most appropriate way to fix this.


Reinis Danne <abadar>
Group administrator
Wed 08 Sep 2010 10:12:50 PM UTC, original submission:  

I'm not sure that this is the right place for this, but I was having problem with OASA and superscripts and subscripts. Basically, the string that was fed to xml.sax.parseString was Unicode, which isn't valid XML, so I got an exception. To solve this, I changed line 653 in cairo.out to xml.sax.parseString( ("<x>%s</x>" % text).encode('utf-8') , handler)

This solved the problem for me at least. I don't know if it is a general problem or if it's something specific to my setup. I'm using OASA through the cinfony cdk JPYPE package.

Kind regards,



(Note: upload size limit is set to 16384 kB, after insertion of the required escape characters.)

Attach Files:

No files currently attached


Depends on the following items: None found

Items that depend on this one: None found


Carbon-Copy List
  • -email is unavailable- added by abadar (Posted a comment)

    There are 0 votes so far. Votes easily highlight which items people would like to see resolved in priority, independently of the priority of the item set by tracker managers.

    Only logged-in users can vote.


    Follows 1 latest change.

    Date Changed by Updated Field Previous Value => Replaced by
    2010-09-12 abadar Assigned toNone abadar

    Back to the top

    Powered by Savane 3.12