newsAdvanced Gtk+ Sequencer - News: Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer announce 0.9.x

Latest News
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer version 6.8.x posted by jkraehemann, Wed 17 Apr 2024 01:40:23 PM UTC
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer version 6.5.x posted by jkraehemann, Sun 11 Feb 2024 05:06:15 PM UTC
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer version 6.3.5 posted by jkraehemann, Fri 19 Jan 2024 11:53:24 AM UTC
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer v6.1.0 released posted by jkraehemann, Thu 28 Sep 2023 04:55:19 AM UTC
Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer v6.0.0 released posted by jkraehemann, Mon 21 Aug 2023 11:48:52 AM UTC

Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer announce 0.9.x

Item posted by Joël Krähemann <jkraehemann> on Wed 19 Jul 2017 12:17:04 PM UTC.

The goal of next minor release is to improve documentation and do some remaining implementation. Since there is probably a longer outage of releases as working on major release 1.0.

I would really love to extend the test suite, prior.

GSequencer 0.9.x

Major release 1.0 is delayed because of missing implementations.

Iteration context of parallelism

For a very long time ags_channel_iter.h is around but still lacks implementation. My idea is to scan the tree and allowing you to modify the tree descriptor. There should be different iteration strategies and even the ability to redirect to different channels/pads.

Currently the Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer does processing from the leaves to the root. This shall be changed.

AgsFunction solving math equations

The skeleton of AgsFunction is still not implemented and is now scheduled for 0.9.x. The AgsFunction object is intended to operate on complex numbers. The boxed type AgsComplex is ready for use, yet.

Recursive threaded tree

The code to do so is basically available, but still needs to debugged and tested. The situation now is AgsPlayback only supports 3 parallelism contexts. Each of it can compute the tree in parallel.

For a simple audio sequencer it might be sufficient. But I don't feel like to limit the capabilities. So there is going to be a small refactoring.

by Joël

Back to the top